Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cher Reviews 'Behind The Candelabra' During Twitter Hack Drama!

Cher, whose new single is called 'Woman's World'
Cher believed that her Twitter account had fallen victim of a hacker during a recent Twitter session where she talked about the new Liberace biopic 'Behind The Candelabra', new single 'Woman's World' and her upcoming tour.

Superstar Cher went on Twitter to tell her 1.5 million followers that she went to see the new Liberace biopic 'Behind The Candelabra' which stars Michael Douglas and Cher's 'Stuck On You' co-star Matt Damon. Over a series of tweets, she shared her views on the film; "I watched 'Behind The Candelabra. At the end, I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. It was a tiny bit slow but it showed unvarnished human frailty."

She continued, "Michael and Matt were both amazing. Michael had flasher / harder part. It's almost impossible to pull off an impersonation - Michael aced it!"

Cher, who affectionately calls Liberace, "Lee", then said, "It was the Look in Matt's eyes, from the last time he went to see Lee until the very last frame. There were no villains, no heroes, just humans".

Straight after, Cher was the victim of a spammer, who wrote, along with a link, "I just got the diet program you're on! Thanks". A confused Cher answered, "Am I having old timers? What diet did I send you? I don't like diets! Tell me!"

Cher and LiberaceCher then returned to talking about Liberace when one fan asked, "Have you ever met Liberace?" The 'Moonstruck' actress, who appeared with him in character as Laverne on 'The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour' in 1974, wrote, "He was very, very kind, sweet to me.I once went to Lee's museum house to do a piece as Laverne. A the end of the shoot, I cried."

Another spammer then targeted Cher with a similar tweet as the last one, again with a link: "I love how your diet method you posted yesterday actually worked!" Cher answered, " I didn't post yesterday! Has someone hacked into my iPad? F**k!"

Cher then tweeted, "You guys, I'm really upset about this hacking thing! What diet are you all talking about!?"

Hordes of fans tweeted the 67-year-old music legend, telling her that the tweets were from spammers, and that she hadn't actually been hacked. (But someone should have let 'The Daily Star' website know as they published an all-capitals headline of  "CHER'S TWITTER PAGE HACKED")

Moving on... Cher's 1 June performance at the Grand Opening of Anji Arena in Dagestan, Russia is fast-approaching, and some fans have aired their concerns to Cher about the location of the performance. One fan wrote, "I worry a lot about Cher's performance in Dagestan! Terrorist acts like suicide bombings have become a normality for them there... I hope you know about it" . Another wrote, "I'm going to be so happy when she gets back". An unworried Cher addressed these tweets; "Not to worry! So much money goes to children, and you can get killed in a bathtub!"

Short shares:
  • One fan asked Cher, "When's the tour?" Cher answered, "April".
  • Remember the Broadway play that Cher was writing about her life? Cher said about it, "I have first draft somewhere in the house and we can't find it!"
  • Cher has chosen new artwork for her forthcoming single 'Woman's World'. She said that it's "pretty and weird".

2 comments:

  1. if you need help rewriting the broadway show let me know. Sorry about the Hacks they get me all the F-ing time even when I change my password. They are getting real good at it now and it benefits them or those stupid companies nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not remember Liberace being on the Sonny and Cher show, it was the Cher show. Cher as Laverne went to Liberace's house for a visit...Very funny.

    ReplyDelete