Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cher Is Donating To Colorado Wildfire Victims

CherCher is donating money to help victims of the recent wildfire in Colorado.

Over 30,000 residents were forced to flee their homes during the last week after a blaze broke out in the city of Colorado Springs - Colorado's second biggest city. Destroying hundreds of homes, the flames have so far caused an estimated $3.2 million (£2 million) worth of damage and have not yet been contained.

Pop superstar Cher tweeted that she would be sending money to help the victims of the wildfire. On Twitter, she wrote, "I'm sending money to Colorado for all of us. I had a house there from when my kids were little to when they were grown-ups! Being there brought me so much joy! It was so magical".

The charitable 'Moonstruck' star continued, "It'a a beautiful place - warm people! I've played there many times! Sad! My nephew went to Air Force Academy there - Ryan Southall - he's getting married"

A further tweet concerning the fires said "I'm sad about people with nowhere to go! Houses lost! I don't think I would be strong enough to start over with nothing".

No comments:

Post a Comment